Tennis Professional Players’ choice – differences of Polyesters and soft string types.
Most(90-95%) tennis pro players have some kind of Polyester string in their racket, either full-bed or hybrid.
There are 3 main reasons why this is so,
1) Polyester strings gives really good Control for large hard hitting power shots. ( Probably the most important reason )
2) Polyester strings are durable
3) Polyester strings has greater spin potential
For Soft strings, most pros only use Natural guts since its the best, but some do use multi-filaments.
1) Natural Gut strings are extremely Powerful!
2) Natural Gut strings increases the size of the sweet spot! ( Multi-filaments, Synthetic guts, nylon doesn’t emulate this well at all )
3) Natural Gut strings are much better with touch shots – gives better Feel ( Feedback/Response )
Generally the prices in the market for string types are –
Nylon (Mono filament) strings are the cheapest.
Synthetic gut is about 1.5 times the price of Nylon strings.
Polyesters are about 1.5 times the price of Synthetic gut strings.
Multi-filaments are about 1.5 times the price of Polyester strings
Natural Guts are about 3.5 times the price of Multi-filament strings
Now for the normal recreational players – Guide to Strings ( Basic 3 )